This post is currently collecting data… 4SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr The COVID-19 pandemic provided the impetus for a lot of members who had been reticent about digital channels and payments to try them out—and for their credit unions to start planning the next steps to streamline and improve the payment experience.“Once you go digital, you don’t go back,” says Fran Duggan, CEO of CUES Supplier member Payrailz, Glastonbury, Connecticut. “Once people start paying for things with a digital method that ultimately is much simpler, easier and faster, there’s no need to go back.”Going forward could lead credit unions toward new solutions that dovetail with members’ embrace of their smartphones, watches and other devices and digital assistants. Rather than encouraging members to enter their card numbers in Apple Pay and Samsung Pay, Duggan suggests that the movement could offer its own payment app, such as a product that Payrailz plans to introduce in 2021. The goal is to develop a payment option as part of its mobile app, so that members could press a button on the app and wave their phone or watch to pay at contactless point-of-sale terminals.As more consumers embrace these new payment forms, some credit unions are looking to step up their digital delivery and launch P2P payments to win back business from members who’ve turned to Venmo, PayPal and Square Cash. “I believe people still prefer to use their credit union as their trusted financial institution and main source of transactions, but if we don’t offer P2P payments, they’re going to find another way,” he says. This is placeholder text continue reading »
An antidrug officer inspects items confiscated from Marlon Tanilon, Lucil Antolo, Prince Legaspi, and John Patrick Arca, who were nabbed in an entrapment operation in Barangay Tangub, Bacolod City on June 22. POLICE STATION 2/BCPO BACOLOD City – Nineteen sachets of suspected shabu weighing about 28 grams valued at around P224,000 were seized in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Tangub. The suspects were detained in the lockup cell of the Police Station 2, facing charges for violation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002./PN Residents Marlon Tanilon, 46; Lucil Antolo, 51; Prince Legaspi, 36; and John Patrick Arca, 35, yielded the suspected illegal drugs, a police report showed. The suspects were caught after they sold suspected shabu to an undercover cop for P500 around 4:05 a.m. on June 22, it added.
“I think they’re gonna struggle to make the playoffs without Klay,” Barkley said (via NBC Sports). “I think that’s the one thing they’re gonna miss the most, even more than KD.” Barkley believes the Western Conference has changed enough to keep the six-time NBA champions out of the playoffs next season. After a busy offseason, the Lakers acquired Anthony Davis through a trade with the Pelicans, and the Clippers landed Kawhi Leonard in free agency. Related News Lonzo Ball on being traded from Lakers to Pelicans: ‘I was excited’ “The West, there’s no bad teams in the West,” Barkley added. “There are no bad teams. Obviously, everybody’s talking about the Lakers and the Clippers, I haven’t even mentioned Denver, the Spurs, Dallas got a lot better, New Orleans got a lot better.”This is unbelievable how hard the West is.” Barkley did give Stephen Curry credit for leading the Warriors, but he doesn’t believe it’ll be enough to keep the Golden State in the playoff race.”Steph’s gonna be Steph. He’s one of the best basketball players in the world,” Barkley said. “I just don’t think they have enough without Klay.” The Warriors finished last season first in the West with a 57-25 record. They made it to the NBA Finals, but were eliminated by the Raptors as Toronto won its first title in franchise history. Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo on roster changes around the NBA: ‘It’s insane’ Anthony Davis sidesteps question on long-term future with Lakers Charles Barkley isn’t confident about the Warriors’ playoff chances next season. The Warriors undoubtedly will look different after losing Kevin Durant in free agency to the Nets, and star Klay Thompson likely will be sidelined next season after tearing his ACL.
Nineteen year old BiH fighter Ahmed Villa last night won against the Hungarian Viktor Halmi and became the champion of FFC in the lightweight category.According to Fightsite.hr, Vila went with no respect towards the experienced FFC champion and crashed him after 15 seconds. The opponent was trying to get to the guillotine, but without success. However, sometime later he turned and hit Villa several times with his elbows. By the end of the round, there was a lot of transitions, but Villa was active and dangerous, especially at the end of the round, when he did the classic “grinder” control and thus ensured the first round in his favor.In the second round, Villa continued in the same pace and crashed the opponent. He had control for two minutes, but without serious kicks, after which Halmi managed to turn, but half a minute later Grant Waterman brought fighters back on their feet.The first minute of the final round passed in quite a few inactive stand-up, after which the young Bosnian fighter went to bring the opponent down and succeeded, but Halmi managed to catch the guillotine, which was not strong enough. Soon after that, Villa moved to the lateral position where he was looking for his chance, and when Halmi attempted to change the position, he let his back opened to Villa.Villa had the advantage until the end of the round, and welcomed the end in a dominant position.At the end of the fight, the official announcer announced the judge’s decision, and our Ahmed Vila became the new FFC champion in lightweight category and as nineteen year old who was not even supposed to fight just 2 days ago.(Source: klix.ba)