State Police say on Sept. 3 troopers patrolled to a residence on Light Road searching for Haines because he was involved in a dispute in the village of Spencer. Officials say the investigation led troopers to a location off State Route 96 in the town of Candor, and Haines surrendered in the early hours on Sept. 4. (WBNG) — New York State Police have charged a man after he fired a weapon in the direction of two state troopers. State Police found Haines at approximately 6:35 p.m. Haines fired a weapon in the direction of the troopers, then fled. No troopers were injured, they say. Haines was charged with attempted murder in the first degree. Officials say additional charges are pending. The New York State Police Special Operations Response Team, Tioga County Sheriff’s Department, Tompkins County Sheriff’s Department, the Department of Environmental Conservation and the Slaterville and Candor Fire Departments assisted. According to a news release, state police say it arrested 28-year-old James Haines of Richford.
The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) on Tuesday announced the winners of the 2020 calendar elections. Among the winners were as many as 3 Croatian photographs, 14 of them in total. Fourteen winning photos were selected from a total of 75 photos, and the selection was based on the votes of voters and a special court of meteorologists and photographers who considered the geographical representation of photos and meteorological interest and relevance of the theme “World Meteorological Day 2020: Climate and water”. “Gone with the Bura”, Aleksandar Gospić In any case, this is a great promotion of Croatia through a calendar that will be viewed around the world. “Two Rainbows”, The calendar, which will be available on all continents, will also include photographs of “Gone with the Bura” by photographer Aleksandar Gospić taken in Ražanac, “Two Rainbows” by Miroslava Novak, photographed in the municipality of Pribislavec in Međimurje, and “Sunset Lenticular Clouds” by Danijel Thumbelina, filmed on Pag. “Sunset Lenticular Clouds”, Danijel Palčić It is interesting to note that among last year’s winners, as well as in the calendar itself, there were four Croatian photographers. This is how Croatian photographers won the most, reports HRT These three photos, in case the authors give their consent, can be in competition for the DHMZ calendar for 2020. Source / photo: Croatian Radio and Television; World Meteorological Organization
“We have a large disparity between imports and exports and a large gray market problem which according to some estimates makes up more than 40 percent of our total market. We need to address this through the Wine Act. In the EU, the ratio of imports and exports from third countries is 1: 0,6, which is our goal”, He said, noting that we have a big marketing job ahead of us in the branding of Graševina because a significant part of the import of white wine comes under that name, and in essence it is not about that variety. “This is another operational problem that we will have to solve because we have quality. “, concluded Pavić. The current president of the Association Gianfranco Kozlović he said they had overcome many challenges in the past, but that the key items they fought for, such as the recognizability of the regions, were eventually included in the Act. “The promotion of Croatian wines thus gains a new dimension. It is now up to the regions to organize and do the activities they need. I am convinced that both the Croatian Chamber of Commerce and the Ministry will be at your service, and it is up to all of us to continue to fight for our interests.”, Said Kozlović. NEW WINE LAW ADOPTED: FOUR WINE REGIONS ESTABLISHED At the election session of the Wine Association of the Croatian Chamber of Commerce, he was unanimously elected the new president Josip Pavić, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Erdut Vineyards. Related news: He noted that we produce from 70 to 90 million liters a year, and that the needs of the domestic market are about 100 million liters. “This means that we import a lot and we cannot be satisfied with that because our exports cover only 53 percent of imports. We export sparkling wine and quality wines of a higher price category, so this is somewhat encouraging. “, said Kovacevic, confirming that the problem of excessive imports will be one of the main goals of the Association. Vice President of the Croatian Chamber of Commerce for Agriculture and Tourism Dragan Kovacevic said at the opening of the session that the new Wine Act recognized the mosaic of Croatian wine regions. “Each of them has its own varietal and positional specifics, and especially the structure and capacity of vineyards. We are a trademark of the common brand Vina Croatia – vina mosaica under which our winemakers perform abroad. We believe that everything that happens in the future around the legislation must recognize these specifics and regions. And we at the Croatian Chamber of Commerce aimed to ensure that these regions, as well as key producers – export carriers, are represented in our Council. This is especially important in communication with institutions because we represent the interests of the entire Croatian wine sector”, Said Kovacevic. Photo: Pexels.com Pavić spent his entire working life in IPK Osijek, which also included the Erdut winery, and for almost 30 years he also held high positions in the Osijek football club. Therefore, in his introductory speech, he drew an interesting parallel between football and winemaking. “I believe that Croatia is one of the great football nations, along with Portugal, Spain, France, Italy or Germany. I also hold that we are a world wine superpower, but we have yet to market ourselves as such. We will fight for that within our brand Vina Croatia – vina mosaica “, pointed out Pavić, adding that in general we should continue to strengthen promotional activities through joint appearances in the country and in the world, because that is the most rational use of the funds we have at our disposal. He also stressed the importance of better cooperation between the wine sector and tourism and constant contact with the Ministry of Agriculture.
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
A traditional wedding ceremony in Surakarta, Central Java came to a violent end after alleged members of a local religious group reportedly disbanded it, leading to a scuffle involving several local police personnel.The group of people who broke up the ceremony, which took place at a private residence in Pasar Kliwon district on Saturday, purportedly claimed that the traditional procession had violated certain Islamic principles.As reported by tribunnews.com, the perpetrators arrived at the ceremony at 4 p.m. and proceeded to cordon off the entrance to the residential area. Read also: Can Indonesia lead global war against religious intolerance? Scholars discusThe police escorted the wedding guests to safety during a lull when members of the group were performing maghrib (sunset prayer). However, the group finally noticed the evacuation and responded by physically attacking the guests, he said.At least three people were injured during the conflict, he said. The victims have since been treated at Indriati Solo Baru Hospital in Sukoharjo regency.“[The victims] sustained lacerations on their heads,” Andy said.He went on to say that he was also physically assaulted by the group, but did not sustain any serious injuries.“I was hit by [members of the group] when I was evacuating the victims. But I persisted and continued protecting the victims,” he said.In addition to physical assault, the group also reportedly vandalized private property in the surrounding vicinity including a minivan.The police are currently still investigating the case. (rfa)Topics : In a video that has since circulated on social media, members of the group could be heard shouting orders to disband the ceremony.Surakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Andy Rifai said his office received reports of a disturbance at around 5 p.m on Saturday.“We received information that evening that an intolerant group had ambushed a private residence,” Andy said on Sunday.He said the situation became heated when police personnel were deployed to the scene at around 5:20 p.m. to negotiate with the group.
Owners Peter and Lisa Le Fanue bought it for $2.15 million 21 years ago.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa11 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days agoIt was built for property veteran and former councillor Max Christmas in the 1980s by Soheil Abedian, who co-founded development company Sunland Group.Property records show it has been listed on the market several times in the past four years, at one point with a $9.85 million price tag.Ray White Prestige Gold Coast agent Jackson Paradise relisted the residence this month in a renewed push to sell it.He said there was greater urgency to sell this time round because the Le Fanues were moving to Brisbane. MORE NEWS: House prices bounce back after election The marketing agent says there is no other property like it in the area. Max Christmas sold the property to its current owners for $2.15 million 21 years ago. The mega-mansion at 79-81 Commodore Drive, Paradise Waters is back on the market after several failed attempted to sell it.A PARADISE Waters mega-mansion that was once home to Gold Coast property kingpin Max Christmas is back on the market following several failed attempts to sell it.The sprawling riverfront property at 79-81 Commodore Drive is scheduled to go under the hammer on June 20. It was initially built for Gold Coast real estate pioneer Max Christmas. It has five bedrooms and seven bathrooms.“We’ve had a number of inquiries and inspections,” he said.“There’s been a few inquiries from interstate people … looking to move to the area.”Mr Paradise said the impressive property, which occupies a 1767sq m double block, was one-of-a-kind.“This is the only north-facing double block available (in Paradise Waters),” he said.“It’s very rare that you find a north-facing (property) on main river this big.“It does need remodelling but it’s got huge future potential.”The prominent property has five bedrooms and seven bathrooms with a pool, spa and cabana outside.There is also a separate guesthouse, boat house and jetty. MORE NEWS: Thousands of agents flock to the Coast Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:58Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:58 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD576p576p360p360p216p216pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenWhy location is everything in real estate01:59
Norwegian geophysical services company Electromagnetic Geoservices (EMGS) has received a letter of intent for data licensing from an undisclosed customer.Illustration, one of EMGS’ vessels; Image by: Trondheim Havn; Source: Flickr – under the CC BY-SA 2.0 licenseEMGS said last Friday that the approximate value of the potential deal was $8 million.Under the letter of intent, the customer will license certain data from the company’s existing EM multi-client library in Norway and prefund a new multi-client acquisition in the North Sea.The letter of intent also includes a settlement of future potential uplift obligations towards the company for certain multi-client data licensed by the customer.EMGS added that it expected to recognize around $7 million in the first quarter of 2019, subject to a final contract being signed under the letter of intent.In recent company news, EMGS received a letter of award from an undisclosed client for a proprietary data acquisition survey in southeast Asia.EMGS is experiencing a challenging market and liquidity situation and there is consequently some uncertainty related to the company’s ability to meet its obligations under the $2.5 million free cash covenant under the company’s convertible bond loan and bank facilities.
The directors,most of them first-time filmmakers, created the flicks based on the mappedheritage and cultural properties of Sagay. Entries to theSine Margaha will be judged by Sagaynon artist Ronnie Lazaro, Cebuana actor andsinger Chai Fonacier, film critic Tito Valiente, filmmaker MassahGonzales-Gamboa, and Sine Negrense Festival director Adrian Torres. “We encouragehomegrown writers and directors to create a film depicting the Sagaynonheritage, culture, and lifestyle,” Mayor Alfredo Marañon III said on Friday. The City ofSagay has partnered with the Film Development Council of the Philippines underthe Office of the President to organize the event. The filmsinclude “Ang Inangtan” directed by Junmarl Alconga; “Bucket List,” by Syrha P.Soniega; “Damgo Ni Meme,” by Jeyannah Mae Ceferiano; “Gugmang Kinaadman,” byJessa M. Arnado; “Paabot,” by Trini Archie Garcia; “Palapak,” by Marc AllanPaglinawan; “Paon,” by Seb Valdez; “Pinta” by Maureen D. Martin; “Sorhuano,” byDarren Joy Giganan; and “Tukar,” by Rayne Barong. Behind the scenes of the film ‘Bucket List’ directed by Syra Soniega. It is one of the 10 entries in the first-ever Margaha Film Festival in Sagay City, Negros Occidental slated to open on Feb. 17. SAGAY CITY INFORMATION AND TOURISM OFFICE The three-dayfestival will feature 10 films, which were all written and directed bySagaynons. Other partnersinclude artist group Syano Artlink, Office of 2nd District Rep. Leo RafaelCueva, BG Connexxion and Moving Bridges Foundation, Northern Negros StateCollege of Science and Technology, Department of Education Division of Sagay,and Kayab Films. During theclosing ceremony on Feb. 19, a total of 20 special awards will be given.Winners of the first, second, and third best pictures will receive cash prizesworth PHP10,000, PHP8,000, and PHP5,000, respectively, while finalists will getPHP3,000 each.(With a report from PNA/PN) The MargahaFilm Festival or Sine Margaha is the first-of-its-kind in the province is slatedto open on Feb. 17. It is set along the kilometer-long shoreline of Margaha(black sand) beach of Sagay, where the home of the famed visual artistNunelucio Alvarado is also situated. They received smallseed funds from the city government to start their production last month. Theparticipating teams also attended a workshop on cinematography, acting anddirecting last December. Marañon notedthat Margaha Film Festival is an event that inspires collaboration, ingenuity,and artistry of the Negrenses. BACOLOD City –The City of Sagay is poised to become the filmmaking hub of Negros Occidentalas it showcases the North’s picturesque seascape with rich local arts andculture in the first-ever Margaha Film Festival. “After thefestival, the city government will form an organization of filmmakers in Sagayto continually hone their skills,” he added.
Oghenekaro Etebo was in action for 21 minutes as Getafe ended a five-game winless run courtesy of Jaime Mata’s double to see off Real Sociedad 2-1. The performance on Tuesday night that saw Getafe move to within two points of the Champions League places. Read Also: Video: Messi pulls off genius assist from free-kick against Celta VigoReal Sociedad have now slipped to seventh and are without a win in any of their five matches since Spanish football’s restart earlier this month.Getafe rise to fifth place and are now within two points of Sevilla and the all-important final Champions League qualification place.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Mata gave Los Azulones the lead from the penalty spot in the 20th minute following a controversial refereeing decision, with Getafe’s Hugo Duro appearing to be the offender in the challenge with La Real defender Robin Le Normand. Adnan Januzaj levelled the scoreline for the visitors ten minutes after the break after breaking Getafe’s offside trap before finding the net. However, Mata won the points late on with an opportunistic finish after the visitors fell asleep defensively from a throw-in and Mata snuck in with the finish from a tight angle, although Real Sociedad goalkeeper Alex Remiro should have done better. Loading…
Sunman, In. — Families interested in learning more about St. Nicholas Catholic School and their new building project are invited to an Open House on Thursday, January 31, 2019 at the St. Nicholas campus, 6459 E. St. Nicholas Drive, Sunman at 6:00 p.m.The Open House is an great convenient way to learn more about the school, programs, prospective students and their families are particularly welcome to attend.Guests will learn about St. Nicholas’ unique educational opportunities including small class size, technology advancements and scholarship and tuition assistance. Information about the new St. Nicholas Education Center, which is expected to be completed in time for the 2019-2020 school year, will also be available.Founded in 1859, St. Nicholas Catholic School is a fully accredited, Christ-centered K-through-8th grade elementary school serving Ripley, Dearborn and Franklin Counties. Information about the school or the Open House event is available at (812) 623-2348 or at www.school.stnicholas-sunman.org.