Tag: 夜上海论坛NP

I am committed to Windies – Brathwaite

first_img PRIORITY “My priority is always the West Indies. I want to be part of all three formats, and I want to be on that New Zealand tour next,” the all-rounder said here this week. “If I’m not in New Zealand, and an opportunity presents itself here – I’m not in New Zealand for whatever reason, and I’m available – I’d love to come back to Sydney and the BBL.” Brathwaite’s commitment to West Indies was already evident in his decision to return to the Caribbean following the Thunder’s final preliminary game on Wednesday, to represent his native Barbados Pride in the Regional Super50. The tournament, the Caribbean’s premier 50-overs competition, is a requirement for West Indies players in order to be eligible for selection in the ODI format. STAT SPOT Brathwaite’s batting bundle Tests – 3 Runs – 181 High Score – 61 ODIs – 20 Runs – 228 High Score – 33* T20 – 13 Runs – 99 High Score – 34* SYDNEY, Australia (CMC): West Indies star Carlos Brathwaite has reiterated his commitment to playing international cricket, despite the demand for his services in Twenty20 leagues across the globe. The 28-year-old has been an instant hit with Sydney Thunder in the ongoing Australia Big Bash and already the franchise are weighing up the possibility of securing his services for next season. However, West Indies are scheduled to tour New Zealand from November 2017 to January 2018 for three Tests, five One-Day Internationals and one T20I – a series that will clash with the early stages of the Big Bash, which bowls off a week before Christmas. And Brathwaite, who is trying to forge an international career in all three formats, said he was focused on making the Windies squad for the full series.last_img read more

Cartoon: September 25, 2014

first_imgShare this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img

Liverpool fans have the right to make a statement, says Pepijn Ljinders

first_img1 Liverpool fans were well within their rights to stage a ticket price walkout and it did not cause the team to throw away a 2-0 lead against Sunderland, according to first-team coach Pepijn Ljinders.Second-half goals from Roberto Firmino and Adam Lallana appeared to have put the home side in control but, after thousands of supporters’ left their seats in the 77th minute in protest over the rising cost of attending matches, Sunderland struck back with goals from Adam Johnson and Jermain Defoe.“We have one of the best supporters groups in the world so if they want to make a statement, they have the right to,” said Ljinders, standing in on post-match media duties after manager Jurgen Klopp missed the match after being taken to hospital earlier in the day to have an appendix operation.“It changed the atmosphere in the stadium, but not our mentality.“We have a group who are young with loads of quality and potential.“It is up to us to create a style that gets further and further and, over time, you realise winning is a logical result of development.“For 82 minutes we played really well. We were good to be honest. We dominated the game, could always find a free player and create spaces between the lines, but in the last 10 minutes we started walking back.“It is always a collective problem, we drop off too much. The players did excellent, but they know the circumstances.“We felt we were in control, then one moment changes everything, but there were still eight or 10 minutes where you have to be calm.” Liverpool fans have the right to make a statement but late goals were not down to walkout, says Pepijn Ljinders last_img read more