Ramson George, principal of Elder John Massey Junior High School, has been fined US$10,000 by the Civil Law Court, at the Temple of Justice.George was held liable (guilty) of forging the signature the late Bishop Philip Teah, to prepare a 25-year Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), to run the affairs of the Elder John Massey Junior High School.The court also cancelled the fraudulent agreement and subsequently returned the school’s ownership to the Calvary Pentecostal Redemption Church.Principal George is the brain behind the preparation of the fraudulent agreement between the school and the church, the court said.The church’s school is situated in the Logan Town Community in Monrovia.Confirming their unanimous verdict on Wednesday, October 22, Judge Emery Paye declared that the “unanimous guilty verdict of the jury panel is hereby confirmed and affirmed. Defendant Ramson W. George is also fined US$10,000 and is authorized to immediately return the school to its legitimate owner, the Calvary Pentecostal Redemption Church.” The document allegedly prepared by the church and probated on May 27, 2004, at the Monthly and Probate Court for Montserrado County and copied to the Daily Observer, carried the signatures of David Sieh, chairman, school’s board, Ramson W. George, principal, T. Augustine Nyenswah, vice principal and H. Slewion Forh, registrar.David Sieh, whose name appeared on the fraudulent agreement, as chairman of the school’s board, is believed to be a relative of the Bishop Philip Teah, founder of the Calvary Pentecostal Redemption Church.The fake document had in it, “Authorization to run the affairs of the Elder John Massey Junior High School.”It further quoted the church as saying, “We the undersigned representatives, senior executives and authorities of the Calvary Pentecostal Redemption Church Inc, hereby turn over the Elder John Massey Junior High School to the Logan Town Community through and by its representatives in person of David Sieh, chairman, school’s board, Ramson W. George, principal, T. Augustine Nyenswah, vice principal and H. Slewion Forh, registrar.”It alleged, among other things, that “The decision by the Church to turn over the school to the community is predicated upon the below listed factors and reasons.”The document went ahead to name the reasons as follows: the inability of the Church to adequately run the day-to-day affairs of the school, due to lack of training and commitment of our church members in the field of education.”It maintained, “Lack of development vision to change the infrastructure of the school since 1991.”It also mentioned “the lack of trained and professional teachers to stimulate the increase in enrollment and learning environment of the school.”Therefore, the document quoted the church as saying, “The Elder John Massy School shall be in their care as proprietors for the development until they (the community) shall deem it necessary to turn over the school to us (the Church), if they think they are unable to achieve the goals for which the school has been given to them.Meanwhile, it further maintained,” “the school shall make available 25% of the bank balance, after the operations of each year to the Church as its tithe and the MOU shall be binding for a period of 25 years beginning May 27, 2004.”Henceforth, the document concluded, “the community has all rights and privileges over the running of the day-to-day and development of the Elder John Massy School.”Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
His leadership on and off the pitch has seen him earn the trust of head coach Francis Kimanzi who bestowed the responsibility of donning the armband on him.“I really feel happy to have been given this chance to captain the team. This is my first time ever playing in CECAFA and I am happy that so far we have started well winning the first game,” Onyango told Capital Sport.He added; “My wish would be to see the team defend the title. We prepared very well for this tournament and we are working hard in every game to win. We have a young group and everyone wants to show their worth. We want to emulate the women’s team which won in Tanzania and also take the Cup home.”Harambee Stars captain Joash Onyango during the opening match of the 2019 CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup match against Tanzania at the Lugogo Arena in Kampala on December 8, 2019. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluStars started their campaign with a 1-0 victory over Tanzania and will face Sudan in the second match on Tuesday afternoon. Victory in the game will assure Starlets of a place in the semi-finals, with the last game against Zanzibar set to determine whether or not they top the pool.“We don’t know much about them (Sudan) but we will take the match as it comes. We have to remain disciplined tactically and ensure we execute the plan that the coach has for us,” Onyango noted.Meanwhile, Onyango says the fact that they have many new faces in the team is a motivation in itself as it will ensure the team performs well with each player eager to show they should be in the senior team.“Everyone here is working hard to break into the senior team for next year’s AFCON qualifiers. The coach always insists that he will give players positions on merit and that is why everyone is working hard here,” further noted the captain.0Shares0000(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000The Kenya team that started against Tanzania during a CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup match at the Lugogo Arena on December 8, 2019. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Dec 10 – Joash Onyango says he is determined to ensure Harambee Stars successfully defends its CECAFA Senior Challenge title, and notes he is motivated after being handed the armband to lead the team at the tournament in Kampala, Uganda.Onyango has been on a steady rise since earning his debut for the national team in September 2018 during Kenya’s shock 1-0 win over Ghana in a 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifier in Nairobi.
A ram-raider was caught after he left the license plate of his car at the scene of a robbery.Bernard McGinley was part of a gang who drove a car into the front of a petrol station in St Johnston.But Gardai managed to trace the 25 year old father-of-one after his license plate fell off at the Foyle View Service station in Dundee, St.Johnston on December 2nd, 2010. Letterkenny District Court was told McGinley and his gang robbed a cash register drawer containing €200 and an Eircom payphone during the 7am raid.Gardai used CCTV and traced the damaged Opel Astra car to 3 Canal Road, Letterkenny.They also managed to identify McGinley who was wearing the same clothing from the CCTV and also the same jewellery.McGinley’s solicitor Michael Shiel said his client was taking the rap for all members of the gang and was frightened to help Gardai.He had a drink and drug problem but was trying to address it.The court heard that €4,000 in damage caused to the garage during the raid had not been paid back.McGinley had a number of previous convictions for drink-driving, car theft and failing to stop for Gardai.Judge Paul Kelly said he had no question that McGinley would have to go to jail.He sentenced him to a total of 12 months in prison for various offences including criminal damage and theft.AT HEARING.RAM-RAIDER CAUGHT AFTER LICENSE PLATE FELL OFF CAR DURING GARAGE HEIST was last modified: March 11th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Bernard McGinleyFole View Service stationram-raiderSt Johnston