A 26-year-old woman, who is no stranger to the court, was on Friday further remanded to prison by Magistrate Leron Daly on two charges – assault and threatening language – when she appeared at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.Lisa Bobb of Royal Drive, Campbellville, Georgetown, denied both charges.The court heard that on June 6, 2018, while being a prisoner at the East La Penitence Police Station, she unlawfully and maliciously wounded another female inmate, Cydella Blair.A second charge stated that on June 4, 2018, while being in custody at the said Police station, she used threatening language to Blair.Police Prosecutor Gordon Mansfield objected to bail being granted in this matter since the accused is incarcerated for an attempted murder among other charges that are pending.Magistrate Daly agreed with the prosecution and remanded the woman to prison.However, Blair was also charged with assaulting and using threatening language against Bobb.She pleaded not guilty to the charges and was released on $30,000 bail.The matter is expected to continue on June 11.Bobb was charged for wounding her cousin, Christel Bobb with intent to commit murder.The court heard that the Virtual Complainant, Christel Bobb, and Lisa Bobb are cousins who have reportedly had several misunderstandings in the past.On February 14, 2018, at Royal Drive, Campbellville, Christel had just returned home when she was allegedly pounced upon by Lisa, who dealt her a stab to her upper left arm. This attack reportedly stemmed from a misunderstanding the cousins had the previous night.Christel was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital where she was admitted a patient. On her previous appearance in court, Lisa Bobb had been sent to be mentally evaluated.
0Shares0000Soldiers take part in a ceremony to unveil a commemorative plaque in honor of victims of the plane crash that decimated the Brazilian football team Chapecoense a year ago © AFP / Joaquin SARMIENTOLA UNION, Colombia, Nov 29 – Two army helicopters scattered flower petals over a town square Tuesday as part of sad tributes to the upstart Brazilian football team Chapecoense, most of whose players died in a plane crash exactly a year ago.La Union, the town closest to the site of the accident on a mountainside near Medellin, Colombia, hosted a commemorative ceremony. The names of the late players and team staff — members of a modest squad that was about to play in a championship game — were read aloud in the town plaza.The crash killed 71 of the 76 people aboard the plane operated by the Bolivian carrier LaMia. The team lost most of its players and coaches. Only three players survived.A probe into the crash determined the plane ran out of fuel and was overloaded.“Glory was close,” said Andres Botero, president of Atletico Nacional, the Colombian team that Chapecoense was going to play in the final of the Copa Sudamericana tournament last year.“Tragedy crushed their dream,” Botero added.A memorial plaque was unveiled in the town square as part of the remembrance activities, which were also to feature two Masses and flyover of the crash site by a Colombian air force jet.A separate memorial ceremony was planned for just after midnight in the town of Chapeco itself.The plane crash took place a year ago Tuesday Colombia time, early Wednesday Brazil time.An outpouring of tributes came from towering figures in the world of football.“Today my heart is in Chapeco,” Brazilian legend Pele wrote on Twitter. “It is a day to remember and pray for those who went to heaven too soon.”Current Brazilian star Neymar told Spanish TV, “All of us Brazilians carry them in our hearts.”On the road leading to the hill where the plane crashed — known now as Mount Chapeco — a farmer named Luis Albeiro Valencia has set up a monument erected to those killed in the tragedy.It is a wooden replica of a plane beside two brick columns. One holds tires from the landing gear of the airliner that went down, the other a deflated football.He said he was given the items in appreciation for helping with rescue operations that horrible night.Of the monument, Albeiro Valencia said: “It is to remember. So people will not forget them, because with time everyone will probably forget this hill.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
New Delhi: Indian railways diverted at least nine trains due to flood on the Samastipur-Darbhanga section on Samastipur Division, officials said on Tuesday. The 12562 New Delhi-Jayanagar S. Senani express train commencing on July 30 will be diverted to run via Varanasi-Gorakhpur-Paniahwa-Narkatiaganj-Sikta-Raxaul-Sitamarhi-Darbhanga. Likewise the 15211 Darbhanga-Amritsar Jan Nayak express train commencing on July 31 will be diverted to run via Sitamarhi-Raxaul-Sagauli. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’They further said that the 15212 Amritsar-Darbhanga Jan Nayak Express train commencing on July 30 will be diverted to run via Sagauli-Raxaul-Sitamarhi-Darbhanga. The 14674 Amritsar-Jayanagar Shaheed Express train Journey commencing on July 30 will be diverted to run via Gorakhpur-Paniahwa-Narkatiaganj-Sikta-Sitamarhi-Darbhanga. The 14673 Jayanagar-Amritsar Shaheed Express train journey commencing on July 31 will be diverted to run via Sitamarhi-Sikta-Nakatiaganj-Paniahwa-Gorakhpur. The 19166 Darbhanga-Ahmedabad Sabarmati Express train commencing on July 31 will be diverted to run via Sitamarhi-Sikta-Nakatiaganj-Paniahwa-Gorakhpur-Barabanki. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KThe official said the 12566 New Delhi-Darbhanga Bihar Sampark Kranti Express train commencing on July 30 will be diverted to run via Gorakhpur-Paniahwa-Narkatiaganj-Sikta-Sitamarhi. The 12565 Darbhanga-New Delhi Bihar Sampark Kranti Express train Journey commencing on 31.07.2019 will be diverted to run via Sitamarhi-Sikta-Narkatiaganj-Paniahwa-Gorakhpur. Likewise, the 12561 Jayanagar-New Delhi S.Senani Express train Journey Commencing on 31.07.2019 will be diverted to run via Darbhanga-Sitamarhi-Sikta-Narkatiaganj-Paniahwa-Gorakhpur-Varanasi.
Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo expects Aleksandar Mitrovic to be a handful for his side ahead of today’s clash with FulhamBoth teams have enjoyed different fortunes upon their return to the Premier League this season with Wolves in 10th-place, while Fulham sits bottom of the table.But today they will meet for the first time since the Championship last term, which saw Mitrovic score in a 2-0 win for Fulham at Craven Cottage.And Nuno expects the in-form Serbian to continue to pose a threat to Wolves after the impact he had at Fulham on loan in the second half of last season.Jose Mourinho is sold on Lampard succeeding at Chelsea Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho wanted to give his two cents on Frank Lampard’s odds as the new Chelsea FC manager, he thinks he will succeed.There really…“When he came in he was a player who clearly helped them to get promoted, their performances were fantastic, a very good player,” said Nuno on the club website.“He’s one of the strikers who plays better when he has his back against the goal, so we will have to work on that, because he creates teams a lot of problems.”The former Newcastle player was signed permanently by Fulham in the summer and has since scored seven goals in 18 Premier League matches.Fulham and Wolves will begin their Boxing Day fixture at 13:30 (CET).
A week after Anderson News in January announced a 7-cents-per copy distribution price increase, Source Interlink also says it will also raise its rates by 7 cents. The two wholesalers account for around 50 percent of the magazine distribution market.Anerson CEO Charlie Anderson says that all wholesalers were in a money-losing business. “The business has not been profitable and has not been for a very long time. What we are trying to do is give some stability to the channel. Short of that, there will be an implosion in the business.” This raise represents about a 3.5 percent increase for Anderson. Discussions with Comag resulted in a three percent offer, and separate talks with Time Inc. arrived at 2 percent. The pricing is non-negotiable for either Anderson or Source, with both implementing a February 1 deadline for signed agreements, and plans to drop non-compliers. Comag’s president, Michael Sullivan, tells the New York Post that his clients have no intention of paying. “As we understand it, Anderson’s proposal is a unilateral effort to shift substantial costs to magazine publishers,” and doesn’t “address the fundamental inefficiencies” of newsstand-distribution. Part two of Anderson’s program outlines an exit from bearing the costs of scan-based trading. “The last thing we want to do is exit the business, but why should we be in a business that doesn’t give us any return?”Jay Annis, vice president of single copy sales at Taunton Press, says: “The attempts by both at extracting a 7-cents-per-copy fee for distribution is unfair for any number of reasons, and the method in how they have gone about it is ridiculous.”