Tag: 上海长宁毒药的微信

Sagna ready to fill Kompany role

first_img And Sagna, the former Arsenal full-back who signed for City over the summer, said of the prospect of filling in for the skipper in the middle: “I have played a few times at centre-back for Arsenal. “If I have to play I will play, and always try to give 100 per cent and my best for the team. “But hopefully he (Kompany) will be ready for (Saturday’s home league clash with) Crystal Palace.” The 31-year-old France international, quoted by the Manchester Evening News, added: “I could cope but we have other players as well who can play. “(Dedryck) Boyata did well against Sunderland (a 4-1 away league win on December 3). But if I have to play in any position then I will play.” Press Association City lost a key man in the position when captain Vincent Kompany was forced off in Saturday’s 1-0 Barclays Premier League win at Leicester due to a recurrence of a hamstring problem. Manager Manuel Pellegrini said after the contest that Kompany could be out of action until the new year. center_img Manchester City defender Bacary Sagna is ready to play at centre-back for the Blues if required.last_img read more

Speculation mounts over Kearns for Tipp football job

first_imgThe Kerry native had previously managed Limerick’s U21s to Munster glory and an All-Ireland final appearance in 2000.It’s reported Kearns will be ratified at a football board meeting later before his appointment is ratified at this month’s meeting of the County Board tomorrow night.There’s further speculation that ex Tipp goalkeeper Paul Fitzgerald will be coming on board as a selector.last_img

Woods fires final-round 68 as Fowler wins Hero World Challenge

first_imgFowler finished four shots in front of fellow American Charley Hoffman, the overnight leader by five strokes who carded a final-round 72 for 274.Jordan Spieth, tied for second to start the round, fired a final-round 69 to share third on 276 with England’s Tommy Fleetwood, who signed for a 67. Woods finished tied for ninth with Matt Kuchar in the unofficial 18-man event that benefits his charitable foundation.A back-nine double-bogey and two bogeys to finish took some wind out of Woods’s sails, but the 41-year-old superstar, playing for the first time since February after yet another back surgery in April, found plenty to be encouraged about.Most importantly, he said, he played all week without pain.“Overall, I’m very pleased. I showed some good signs,” he said, adding that they pointed toward “a bright future”.Woods’s impressive display off the tee included a monster drive at the par-four seventh that led to his eagle.That was just one of the shots that delighted an enthusiastic gallery following the 14-time major champion that included Spanish tennis star Rafael Nadal.“I knew I was going to be able to play all four rounds, that wasn’t going to be an issue,” said Woods, who also missed all of the 2015-16 season with back trouble.“The issue was how my scoring was going to be, how was my feel? How am I going to get used to the adrenaline in my system, because it’s the first time in a while.“That took a little bit of time,” added Woods, who finished the week with rounds of 69, 68, 75 and 68.“I was still scratchy with my irons,” he said. “I drove it pretty good all week, made some good putts.”Share on: WhatsApp FILE PHOTOMiami, United States | AFP | Tiger Woods capped his return to competition with a fine four-under par 68 on Sunday as red-hot Rickie Fowler won the Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas.Former world number one Woods, who once wondered if nagging back trouble would spell the end of his career, had an eagle and six birdies to finish 72 holes on eight-under par 280.That never put him within striking distance of Fowler, who produced a remarkable course-record 61 on the par-72 Albany Golf Club layout.Fowler birdied the first seven holes, and eight holes on the front nine. After birdies at 11, 13 and 15 was eyeing golf’s magic number of 59.No more birdies were forthcoming, however, and Fowler settled for a course-record 61 and a total of 18-under 270.last_img read more

Sterling responds to NBA, June 3 hearing still on

first_imgIn this June 7, 2009, file photo, Music mogul Sean Combs sits courtside during the first half of Game 2 of the NBA basketball finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic in Los Angeles. If Donald Sterling is compelled to sell the Los Angeles Clippers, the list of potential buyers will have more stars than the team’s roster. Combs tweeted his interest in going after the Clippers. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill, File)NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Sterling and the NBA are headed toward a hearing that will determine if he remains owner of the Los Angeles Clippers.Unless Shelly Sterling finds a buyer for the team first.The Sterlings were part combative, part cooperative Tuesday, with Donald Sterling fighting to keep his team even as his estranged wife said he had authorized her to sell it.He didn’t seem willing to give it up — at least not without a fight — in his passionate response to the league’s attempt to oust him.“We do not believe a court in the United States of America will enforce the draconian penalties imposed on Mr. Sterling in these circumstances, and indeed, we believe that preservation of Mr. Sterling’s constitutional rights requires that these sham proceedings be terminated in Mr. Sterling’s favor,” the response said.Sterling’s response to the league’s charge that he damaged it and its merchandising partners with his racist comments was delivered before Tuesday’s deadline.He argued that there is no basis for stripping him of his team because his statements were illegally recorded “during an inflamed lovers’ quarrel in which he was clearly distraught.”According to the response, a copy of which was obtained by The Associated Press, Sterling says V. Stiviano recorded him without his knowledge and thus the recording was illegal under California law. He also said he could not have “willfully” damaged the league because he did not know it would be made public.“A jealous rant to a lover never intended to be published cannot offend the NBA rules,” Sterling said in the document, which was first reported by USA Today.Meanwhile, the attorney for Shelly Sterling confirmed that Donald Sterling had given her written permission to sell the team. According to a person who is in contact with a potential bidder, who spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the process publicly, the Clippers are seeking binding bids before next Tuesday — the day NBA owners are scheduled to meet in New York and vote on whether to strip Sterling of the team.The league said in a statement Tuesday that if three-quarters of the 30 owners voted to sustain the charge, “the Sterlings’ interests in the Clippers will be terminated and the team will be sold.”Shelly Sterling submitted her own separate response to the NBA’s charges Tuesday that included a “vigorous response to the attempt by the NBA to blame her for doing nothing wrong,” according to a person with knowledge of the proceedings. The individual wasn’t authorized to speak publicly about the response.In his response, Donald Sterling says that next week’s hearing cannot be fair because the owners have already made up their minds, quoting 10 teams who commented on Twitter or elsewhere that they supported the seizure of the team. An AP survey on the day Commissioner Adam Silver announced Sterling’s lifetime ban found that more than half of the teams supported it and no owner was against it.“These procedings will be a spectacle meant to mollify the popular opinion, not a fair and impartial hearing: the outcome of these procedings became a foregone conclusion weeks ago,” the response states.The response also notes the disparity between his lifetime ban and $2.5 million fine and previous NBA punishments, including the $100,000 fine levied on Kobe Bryant when he was caught referring to a referee by a homosexual slur, and the 72-game suspension of Ron Artest for punching a fan.The NBA said Sterling is in violation because his racist comments were harmful to the league and its business partners, including the players. Sterling’s response argues that because his comments came in the privacy of his girlfriend’s living room he cannot be considered “taking a position” that damaged the NBA, as required under the league constitution.“Mr. Sterling was not ‘conducting’ the ‘sport of professional basketball’ when he was arguing with Ms. Stiviano in her living room,” the response says. “Not even the Commissioner alleges that Mr. Sterling intended to harm the NBA with his comment. Nor could he. This was an argument between a jealous man and the woman he loved that should never have left the privacy of his living room.”Sterling also noted his history of supporting racial diversity, including five black head coaches and a black general manager, Elgin Baylor, who held the job for 22 years. Baylor unsuccessfully sued Sterling, accusing him of racist behavior. It also notes that he was due to receive his second lifetime achievement award from the NAACP before the recording of his comments was leaked.The response claims that it would cost Sterling $300 million to $500 million in capital gains taxes if he is forced to sell now rather than pass the team to his heirs.___Associated Press writer Tami Abdollah reported from Los Angeles.last_img read more