Tag: 上海夜网VS

Scudamore contrite about emails

first_img Scudamore has vowed to hold a series of meetings across football’s administration to reassure them of his commitment to promote women in the game. A meeting of all the Premier League clubs was called at short notice on Sunday night to bring the case to a conclusion after pressure on Scudamore intensified during last week. The case caused a storm of criticism of Scudamore and it is to be discussed by the Football Association’s inclusion advisory board on Tuesday. Initially, the Premier League’s audit and remuneration committee had been lined up to discuss the case, but on Sunday night a decision was taken to call a specially-convened meeting of all member clubs for Monday afternoon. McCormick’s statement said: “In these circumstances, and in the light of a previously unblemished record over 15 years of service to the Premier League, the clubs resolved unanimously that no further disciplinary action is required or justified.” He said the investigation had examined numerous emails and other documents, including those copied by Abraham, and that there was “no evidence of wider discriminatory attitudes or inappropriate language or a general attitude of disrespect to women”. Women who work at the Premier League were also consulted, said McCormick, which established “that there is no climate of disrespect of women in the workplace”. He added: “This view is particularly strongly held by female staff with direct experience of working with or close to the chief executive who have made it very clear that his conduct and behaviour have been beyond reproach.” Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore has spoken of his “sincere contrition” after the top-flight clubs decided against any further disciplinary action against him for sending sexist emails. The meeting in London decided against any action after hearing that the emails “did include some inappropriate remarks” but that he had apologised. Afterwards, Scudamore said: “Entering into email exchanges of this nature was wrong and the apology I have made is sincere, as is the contrition I feel. These exchanges do not reflect my views towards women in football, the workplace or in general. It is something that will never be repeated. “I appreciate that I have a tremendous amount of hard work to do to convince those in the game who do not know me that my leadership and work in the areas of equality and discrimination to date reflect who I am and what I believe. “So, I will now undertake meetings and discussions with a wide range of stakeholders in the game to hear their views and to reassure them that I will continue to do my utmost personally, and through all the Premier League’s means to help promote diversity and inclusion, develop the women’s game and support women who want be involved in football at any level.” Premier League acting chairman Peter McCormick said he had conducted an investigation into the matter in conjunction with specially-appointed external legal advisors and that the clubs accepted Scudamore’s “genuine and sincere apology”. McCormick said a female senior executive at the Premier League referred to in the emails had been copied in the exchanges and has confirmed that she “was not then and is not now offended by the references”. The emails – which referred to women in a derogatory terms, contained sexual innuendoes, and made jokes about “female irrationality” – were leaked by Scudamore’s former temporary personal assistant, Rani Abraham, to the Sunday Mirror. McCormick said she “was not exposed to them in the course of her duties but had to search for them in a private email account which she was not authorised to access”. Press Associationlast_img read more

Football News Cristiano Ronaldo Shines For Portugal, England And France Dominate In Euro 2020 Qualifiers

first_img Paris: England and Portugal both scored five goals while France scored three as they overcame lowly-ranked Kosovo, Andorra and Lithuania in Euro 2020 qualifying. Captain Ronaldo, making his 160th international appearance, scored four as Portugal won 5-1 in Vilnius on Tuesday and strengthened their position in Group B after a sluggish start. For Ronaldo it was a second hat-trick in three internationals. The victory over Lithuania, 130th in the world rankings, kept brought Portugal five points behind Ukraine at the top of Group B.Portugal, who opened the group with home draws against Ukraine and Serbia, started their recovery with a victory in Belgrade on Saturday. They have a game in hand on all the other teams in the group.  “We were better, we are better, and we won because of it,” said Fernando Santos, the Portugal coach. “We kept the pace after the win at Serbia, otherwise this triumph would make no sense, and we are closer.”   Ronaldo’s first goal was a penalty. The second, with the scores level after an hour, was a scuffed low shot from outside the penalty area which took a couple of stranges bounces off the artificial turf before it was parried into the air by the diving Ernestas Setkus. The dropping ball hit the back of the goalie’s head before rolling in. The third was a clinical volley from close range. The fourth was a low shot into the corner.  Vytautas Andriuskevicius scored the hosts’ only goal before William Carvalho added a fifth for the reigning champions at the end.Also Read | Raheem Sterling calls for stadium bans after racist chants in England’s Euro 2020 winSerbia beat Luxembourg 3-1, as Aleksandar Mitrovic netted twice, to solidify their grasp on third place. They are a point behind Portugal. In Southampton, Gareth Southgate’s England side trailed early on to Kosovo, ranked 120th in the world,  when Valon Berisha scored after 34 seconds.   England replied with a first-half goal binge that ended with Jadon Sancho scoring twice to make it 5-1 at the break.  Also Read | Euro 2020 qualifiers: Germany overcome Netherlands in thriller, World Cup finalists Croatia suffer loss’Bizarre game’  The visitors claimed two back in the second half, including a second for Lazio midfielder Berisha, but the 5-3 victory put England three points clear in Group A, ahead of the second-placed Czech Republic, who beat Montenegro 3-0.  “A bizarre game,” said Southgate. “The outstanding parts of our play were obvious. The errors were obvious.”  In Paris, the world champions made light work of beating 136-ranked Andorra 3-0. It was Les Bleus’ 100th match at the Stade de France.  Antoine Griezmann missed a penalty for his country for the second game running but Kinglsey Coman, Clement Lenglet, with his first on the international goal, and Wissam Ben Yedder clinched three points. “It is really annoying. I’ll just need to keep working. You can’t be on top of your game all the time,” Griezmann said.  Coman also scored two against Albania on Saturday. “It has been a very good week. It has gone well personally and collectively,” Coman told television station TF1. Cenk Tosun scored twice as the Turks beat Moldova with ease in a 4-0 victory in Chisinau. But Iceland, who had been level with the top two, suffered a blow as they lost 4-2 in Albania.  That result meant Iceland dropped three points behind. It also changed the tiebreak, allowing Turkey to take first place from France. For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. highlightscenter_img Cristiano Ronaldo was playing his 160th international match.England defeated Kosovo 5-3.Iceland suffered a 2-4 loss to Albania in the Euro 2020 qualifiers.last_img read more

2015 Munster Championship draw.

first_imgThe draw for next years Munster Championships has pitted Tipperary’s Senior Hurlers against the winners of a quarter final clash between Limerick and Clare.Defending champions Cork will face Waterford in the semi-finals.In football Tipp will face Waterford in the quarter finals – victory would see Peter Creedons side take on All Ireland champions Kerry in the Munster semi-final.  Cork will face the winners of the Clare – Limerick quarter final.last_img

No presidential candidates visit north-central Iowa on 4th of July

first_imgCLEAR LAKE — While none of the nine Democratic presidential candidates who spent their time on the ground in Iowa on the 4th of July stopped in north-central Iowa, two candidates did make an appearance in Cerro Gordo County this week.Ohio congressman Tim Ryan stopped in Mason City on Tuesday to tour the Golden Grain Energy ethanol plant as well as hold an education roundtable. Ryan’s poll numbers dropped after last week’s first debate. A CNN poll shows two months ago that Ryan had five percent support, but the latest poll shows that’s down to one percent. We asked Ryan what’s keeping him in a crowded race.  “We’ve had the best fundraising days right after the debate. I think with Vice President Biden slipping in the second debate, a lot of people from the early states were calling me because they think I’m someone who can kind of fill that working-class lane that Vice President Biden was in. We had a great crowd this morning in Sioux City and we’re just going to continue to do what we’re doing.”Ohio congressman and Democratic presidential candidate Tim Ryan talking with former Iowa Ag Secretary Patty Judge during a presentation at Golden Grain Energy in Mason CityRyan says he wants to fight for blue-collar workers in America.  “We’re trying to bring front-and-center the workers who I feel have been left behind for a long time, and those are white workers, black workers, brown workers all over the United States that have fallen behind the last 30 or 40 years. People know that’s where I come from. You know in the 7 and 1/2 minutes of the debate that I got to speak up in, I was very clear that that’s why I’m in the race and that’s who I’ll be president for.”Four months ago, former Texas congressman Beto O’Rourke had to apologize for a joke made during an Iowa campaign stop that he sometimes helped his wife raise their three children. O’Rourke’s wife Amy and their children accompanied him during his stop in Clear Lake on Wednesday night.He says he and his wife feel it’s important that the kids share the experience with them.  “They get to hear other people stand up and ask questions or tell their stories. I think it’s really powerful for them. And what is really surprised me is, even Henry who is 8 years old, the stories stay with him and it’ll be months later and they’ll bring some of these stories back up again, or an issue that we talked about like climate change and they’ll bring that back up. Their ability to absorb what is most meaningful in these conversations and town halls is really surprising to me, and it makes me feel better about the decision to bring them on the road.”O’Rourke’s father was a politician based in El Paso, and he says he had to go to campaign events too when he was growing up. “My dad was always running for office in El Paso, so we never had to leave the city limits, but we would go to campaign events in El Paso, which kind of probably like these guys I didn’t always like doing. If I can play basketball with my friends or I go to a campaign event, I’m going to choose basketball. Part of my responsibility as a parent is to try to expose them to the kind of things that help them understand what’s happening in the world right now, and also help them to understand why we spend so much time apart, and why their dad is on the road, and why would ever consider doing something like this in the in the first place.”O’Rourke and his family spent about a half hour walking through the carnival in downtown Clear Lake, with his son winning a hermit crab playing the fish bowl game. read more

Father and son sentenced to death in Oregon bank bombing

first_imgA jury Wednesday sentenced a father and son to death for planting a bomb that exploded inside an Oregon bank two years ago, killing two police officers and maiming a third.In a trial that spanned three months, prosecutors portrayed Bruce and Joshua Turnidge as bigoted men who hated authorities, were desperate for money and feared that newly elected President Barack Obama would take away their guns.Both defendants stood with their lawyers and stared straight forward, showing no emotion as Marion County Circuit Judge Tom Hart read the jury’s verdict. Sheriff’s deputies handcuffed them with their hands in front of their bodies.The same jury convicted the men Dec. 8 on 18 counts each of aggravated murder and other charges in the December 2008 bombing at a bank in Woodburn.“This is a murderer with no remorse,” prosecutor Matt Kemmy said in his closing argument of the penalty phase Tuesday.Both men have maintained their innocence. Father and son turned on each other in trial, each pointing the finger at the other for building and planting the bomb.last_img read more