Tag: 上海夜网AE

Charles Barkley thinks Warriors will struggle to make NBA playoffs

first_img“I think they’re gonna struggle to make the playoffs without Klay,” Barkley said (via NBC Sports). “I think that’s the one thing they’re gonna miss the most, even more than KD.” Barkley believes the Western Conference has changed enough to keep the six-time NBA champions out of the playoffs next season. After a busy offseason, the Lakers acquired Anthony Davis through a trade with the Pelicans, and the Clippers landed Kawhi Leonard in free agency.  Related News Lonzo Ball on being traded from Lakers to Pelicans: ‘I was excited’ “The West, there’s no bad teams in the West,” Barkley added. “There are no bad teams. Obviously, everybody’s talking about the Lakers and the Clippers, I haven’t even mentioned Denver, the Spurs, Dallas got a lot better, New Orleans got a lot better.”This is unbelievable how hard the West is.” Barkley did give Stephen Curry credit for leading the Warriors, but he doesn’t believe it’ll be enough to keep the Golden State in the playoff race.”Steph’s gonna be Steph. He’s one of the best basketball players in the world,” Barkley said. “I just don’t think they have enough without Klay.” The Warriors finished last season first in the West with a 57-25 record. They made it to the NBA Finals, but were eliminated by the Raptors as Toronto won its first title in franchise history. Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo on roster changes around the NBA: ‘It’s insane’ Anthony Davis sidesteps question on long-term future with Lakers Charles Barkley isn’t confident about the Warriors’ playoff chances next season. The Warriors undoubtedly will look different after losing Kevin Durant in free agency to the Nets, and star Klay Thompson likely will be sidelined next season after tearing his ACL. last_img read more

British Open ‘proceeding as planned’ as organizers consider options

first_imgThis year’s Open is due to take place from July 16-19 at Royal St George’s and it is hoped the competition will take place as planned; however, organizers at the Royal & Ancient are keeping their options open after canceling two international amateur events scheduled for next month.In a statement released Thursday said, the R&A said: “We are undertaking a comprehensive evaluation of our plans to stage The 149th Open at Royal St George’s and the AIG Women’s British Open at Royal Troon, which are four and five months away respectively. This includes examining a range of scenarios for staging the championships, with our focus on proceeding as planned, as well as considering other contingency options available to us.” Organizers of this year’s British Open say their focus is on the event “proceeding as planned” despite the coronavirus pandemic.Golf has been impacted by the spread of the virus, with the Masters and the PGA Championship, scheduled for April and May, respectively, having been postponed and the PGA and European tours put on hold. Martin Slumbers, chief executive of the R&A, said: “Our absolute priority is to ensure the safety of players, fans, officials, staff and all involved in our championships and that will be at the forefront of our thinking as we monitor developments.”We have some time before we start building the infrastructure at both venues and so we are keeping the scheduled dates in place for The Open and AIG Women’s British Open at this point. We recognize that this is a rapidly changing situation and we will keep everyone informed of any changes to our plans. These are difficult times but we are bearing in mind our responsibility for what’s right for golf and most importantly for society.”Last year’s event was won by Shane Lowry at Royal Portrush. It was his first triumph at one of golf’s four majors.last_img read more

Attempted murder accused slapped with more charges

first_imgA 26-year-old woman, who is no stranger to the court, was on Friday further remanded to prison by Magistrate Leron Daly on two charges – assault and threatening language – when she appeared at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.Lisa Bobb of Royal Drive, Campbellville, Georgetown, denied both charges.The court heard that on June 6, 2018, while being a prisoner at the East La Penitence Police Station, she unlawfully and maliciously wounded another female inmate, Cydella Blair.A second charge stated that on June 4, 2018, while being in custody at the said Police station, she used threatening language to Blair.Police Prosecutor Gordon Mansfield objected to bail being granted in this matter since the accused is incarcerated for an attempted murder among other charges that are pending.Magistrate Daly agreed with the prosecution and remanded the woman to prison.However, Blair was also charged with assaulting and using threatening language against Bobb.She pleaded not guilty to the charges and was released on $30,000 bail.The matter is expected to continue on June 11.Bobb was charged for wounding her cousin, Christel Bobb with intent to commit murder.The court heard that the Virtual Complainant, Christel Bobb, and Lisa Bobb are cousins who have reportedly had several misunderstandings in the past.On February 14, 2018, at Royal Drive, Campbellville, Christel had just returned home when she was allegedly pounced upon by Lisa, who dealt her a stab to her upper left arm. This attack reportedly stemmed from a misunderstanding the cousins had the previous night.Christel was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital where she was admitted a patient. On her previous appearance in court, Lisa Bobb had been sent to be mentally evaluated.last_img read more