Ministry of Health – Use Face Masks

first_img Sharing is caring! 324 Views   no discussions Share Tweet The Ministry of Health is now advising those who must go out to provide or access essential services to cover their mouths and noses with masks.There has been global debate over the use of masks by the general public. Consensus is now leaning towards wearing masks since research has yet to prove or disprove that the virus is airborne.National Epidemiologist, Dr Shalauddin Ahmed added that recommendation to the list of guidelines to be followed to prevent contraction and spread of the new coronavirus.“I am asking everyone to wear face masks every time you need to go out in public, and continue to practice social distancing and good hand hygiene,” he said. “All these efforts will help prevent the spread of COVID19.”In support, Dr Laura Esprit, Director of Primary Health Services and Chair of the Contact Tracing and Sampling Committee, added, “Use your face masks or some type of facial barrier when in public places.She advised uses further to place the mask with washed hands and to wash again after removing the masks- and only by the straps/strings.“Again, avoid touching your face,” Dr Esprit cautions.center_img Share CoronavirusHealthLifestyleLocalNews Ministry of Health – Use Face Masks by: – April 6, 2020 Sharelast_img read more

Colton T releases “Friends with Benefits”

first_img Tweet Share Sharing is caring! Share EntertainmentLocalNews Colton T releases “Friends with Benefits” by: – April 23, 2012center_img Share 14 Views   no discussions The much anticipated release of “Friends with Benefit” is here.Colton T just won’t go away-with hits after hits.This latest single which is expected to form part of his soon to be released 2012 album, was written by the artist himself and produced by O Banga Productions, Tiger “Triggah” Magloire.The song was recorded by So Sick Studios.“This is a more mature song but the young people will also appreciate it as well,” Colton T said.The artist is also gearing up for several upcoming performances and promises his fans bigger and better things in the coming months.Friends With BenefitsPress Releaselast_img read more

Barcelona attempt to hijack Inter Milan transfer target

first_img The Tottenham playmaker is expected to leave north London before the transfer window shuts next week. Read Also:I never knew I am the 8th Nigerian to play for Inter, MosesEriksen has played a possession-based game throughout his career with Ajax and Tottenham which would suggest he could fit into the Barcelona system relatively swiftly.Tottenham want £17m for the 27-year-old but so far Inter have only coughed up £11m plus bonuses.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Inter have been in negotiations to sign the Dane for much of the window as Antonio Conte strengthens his side ahead of a title push.Eriksen met with Tottenham chief Daniel Levy to make it clear he wants a move to the San Siro.But with the Champions League finalists and the Italian side haggling over a transfer fee Barcelona are free to act, reports Sky Italy.The Spanish side have recently appointed Quique Setien as their new manager and he will no doubt want to refresh the squad. Promoted Content6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldTop 10 Enemies Turned Friends in TV6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithPlus-Size Babes Who Will Make Your Heart RaceBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadePortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiSome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That ExistA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombscenter_img Loading… Barcelona are looking to steal a march on Inter Milan as they plot a late move for Christian Eriksen.Advertisementlast_img read more

Chelsea ‘open talks with Jadon Sancho’ ahead of summer switch

first_imgBut the signing of the Morrocan has not stopped Frank Lampard’s men from pursuing 19-year-old England international Sancho.Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United have also been credited with an interest in the Dortmund winger, who has scored 13 goals and recorded 13 assists in 20 matches this season.But the report claims Chelsea have stolen a march on their Premier League rivals in a bid to secure the boyhood Blues fan’s signature.France Football also claim that Dortmund could receive a club-record fee for players sold for Sancho. Read Also: Bayern Munich star Alaba dreams UCL revenge against ChelseaThe Bundesliga side sold fellow winger Ousmane Dembele for an initial fee of £89.5million in the summer of 2017.But a move to the Premier League for Sancho this summer could see that fee superseded.Sancho’s excellent form this season continued on Friday night as he netted Dortmund’s second in their 4-0 win against Eintracht Frankfurt.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The Blues brought in Ajax midfielder Hakim Ziyech earlier in the week to strengthen their creative options for next season. Chelsea have opened talks with the representatives of in-demand Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho, according to France Football.Advertisementcenter_img Loading… Promoted ContentWhat Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooThe World’s 7 Most Spectacular Railway StationsGreatest Movies In History Since 1982Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithIf Zodiac Signs Were Women: Amazing Artwork By Vivien Szaniszlo10 Of The Most Successful Female Racers To Know AboutHere Are The Top 10 Tiniest Mobile Phones On The Planet!last_img read more

NBA: Grizzlies ‘got a great one’ in Morant: James

first_img Promoted ContentBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Things That Actually Ruin Your PhoneBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You10 Awesome TV Series That Got Cancelled Way Too SoonThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?7 Reasons It’s Better To Be A VeganTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way James got a close-up look at Morant on Saturday as the Grizzlies – fighting to hang on to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference – beat the Lakers 105-88 in Memphis.“The kid is super special,” James said after Morant fueled the Grizzlies with 27 points and 14 assists. “Memphis got a great one. The sky’s the limit for the kid.”For Morant, 20, it was a first win over James, one of his sporting idols. It may also have been a preview of a Western Conference playoff preview.“That’s big bro – the King,” Morant said of James. “I mean, I feel like everybody knows who he is. Just somebody that I look up to, a great (role) model. He’s just one of a kind.“I don’t think there can be another LeBron.”Not that Morant was intimdated by James, or anyone else on the Lakers team.Briming with confidence, he rose for a dunk in the second half over Anthony Davis – who stood pat and drew the charging foul on the rookie.“I think he would probably try anyone that was there,” Davis said. “He has done that a couple times this year. So I’m just trying to get a body in front of him and make him run me over.”Memphis rookie Ja Morant propelled the Grizzlies to a 105-88 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers, earning praise from Lakers superstar LeBron JamesRead Also: NBA: Cavaliers sink 76ers as Embiid hurts shoulderWhile the call went against him, Morant said he thought his aggressive strategy was sound.“If I had went for a layup, it would have been a charge, but if I go up and try to dunk, then it’s 50-50,” he said.“So my mindset is just going to finish the play at any time, no matter who’s down there.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Ja Morant, the Memphis Grizzlies’ NBA rookie of the year candidate, has an admirer in Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James.Advertisementcenter_img Loading… last_img read more

Real Madrid: Benzema blasts Chelsea’s Oliver Giroud

first_img Loading… Now at Chelsea, Giroud has netted 39 goals in 93 appearances for France and is now behind only Thierry Henry and Michel Platini in the nation’s scoring charts, while he helped them to land the World Cup two summers ago. “You cannot confuse Formula 1 with karting, and I am being nice,” Benzema said on Instagram Live, as cited by El Mundo Deportivo, before adding, “I know that I am Formula 1. “It works because he is there, that is the only reason. It won’t be spectacular, he won’t do something amazing, but he has his thing. “Aside from that, does everyone like the way he plays? I don’t know.” Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has taken aim at Chelsea forward Olivier Giroud by stating: ‘You cannot confuse Formula 1 with karting.’ Giroud has replaced Benzema in the France international team in the past four years with the Madrid striker not appearing for his nation since prior to the 2016 European Championships. Read Also: Lautaro Martinez would only leave Inter for BarcelonaBenzema has continued to thrive for Madrid in recent years, netting 30 goals last season – his best tally since 2011/12 – while he has already been involved in 20 goals in La Liga this campaign, scoring 14 times and providing six goals.Whilst Benzema has taken over the attacking mantle from Cristiano Ronaldo at Madrid, Giroud has become a fringe figure at Stamford Bridge.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Benzema has 27 goals from 81 international caps but has not appeared for Les Bleus in either of the last two major tournaments, with Giroud now the leading striker for the nation.Advertisement Promoted Content7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your Mind7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?7 Things That Actually Ruin Your Phone8 Addictive And Fun Coffee Facts18 Cities With Neverending Tourist-FlowWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too MuchA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Daylast_img read more

Ex-NBI asset, cohort nabbed in drug bust

first_imgRustan Castañeda. IAN PAUL CORDERO/PN ILOILO City – A former assetof the National Bureau of Investigation Region 6 (NBI-6) and his accomplice werearrested in a drug buy-bust operation in Barangay Luna, La Paz district. Castañeda admitted he ownedthe firearm but failed to present his licence. Police identified them asformer NBI-6 informant Rustan Castañeda, 36, resident of Barangay Cabanbanan,Oton, Iloilo and Dixie Deñosa, 27, of Barangay San Isidro, Jaro district. Castañeda said he wassurprised when police officers arrested him. “I was supposed to reportJohn to the police for his illegal activity but they arrested me and let Johngo,” he added.   Recovered for theirpossession were nine sachets of suspected shabu, a .380-caliber revolver withseven live bullets, an NBI badge, and a plastic canister. center_img “Dixie told me to get thepouch from John and when I received it, the police arrested me. I think theywere mistaken because the police were supposed to arrest John and not me. I’mnot engaged in illegal drugs,” said Castañeda.  However, Castañeda deniedowning the suspected illegal drugs, saying Deñosa told him to receive the pouchfrom a drug supplier that was only identified as a certain “John.” RDEU chief Lieutenant JerseyBesas said prior to the operation, the suspects were under surveillance forseveral days and Castañeda was the primary target of the operation. Castañeda and Deñosa werenabbed after they sold suspected shabu to an undercover officer of the PoliceRegional Office 6‘s Regional Drug Enforcement Unit (RDEU) for P5,000 around2:05 p.m. on Sept. 14.    Deñosa, meanwhile, revealedthe supplier and source of suspected shabu came from Manila but she denied her involvementin the illegal drug trade./PNlast_img read more

Albania seeks arrests for earthquake deaths

first_imgInitial investigations showed “the loss of life in thecollapsed buildings came also because their builders, engineers and owners hadfailed to observe the rules, norms and standards of safe constructions.” Police said that some of the 17 people being sought byprosecutors had fled after the Nov. 26 quake.(Reuters) General view of a collapsed building in Durres after an earthquake shook Albania. REUTERS/FLORION GOGA/FILE PHOTO Prosecutors issued 17 warrants in total, police said. Two ofthe nine people detained on Saturday on murder charges were the owners of twohotels that collapsed, killing four people in Durres, Albania’s second-biggestcity and main port.center_img TIRANA – Albanian prosecutors have issued a series of arrestwarrants on charges including murder and abuse of office over the deaths of 51people killed when a 6.4-magnitude earthquake toppled dozens of buildings lastmonth, police said.  A third was the manager of a police vacation hotel where ahigh-ranking police officer was killed under the rubble.  last_img read more

Cruise ship carrying 3,700 quarantined in Japan

first_imgTOKYO – Thousands of people facespending the next fortnight stuck on a luxury cruise ship quarantined off theJapanese port of Yokohama, after initial results showed 10 passengers havetested positive for the novel coronavirus. Cruise ship Diamond Princess is seen anchored off the Yokohama Port, after ten people on the cruise liner have tested positive for coronavirus in Yokohama, Japan. REUTERS Of a further 273 people on board who have since been tested following health screenings, 31 results had come back – and of those 10 were positive, according to Japan’s health minister, Katsunobu Kato. It is not clear if more tests will be carried out. None of the 10 infected people – three each from Japan and Hong Kong, two Australians, one American and one Filipino crew member – had severe symptoms, public broadcaster NHK said. (The Guardian)center_img The Diamond Princess, with more than3,700 passengers and crew onboard, had been prevented from sailing on Mondayafter an 80-year-old passenger who had travelled on the vessel late last monthtested positive after he arrived home in Hong Kong.last_img read more

Sagay City emerges as filmmaking hub of NegOcc

first_imgThe directors,most of them first-time filmmakers, created the flicks based on the mappedheritage and cultural properties of Sagay. Entries to theSine Margaha will be judged by Sagaynon artist Ronnie Lazaro, Cebuana actor andsinger Chai Fonacier, film critic Tito Valiente, filmmaker MassahGonzales-Gamboa, and Sine Negrense Festival director Adrian Torres. “We encouragehomegrown writers and directors to create a film depicting the Sagaynonheritage, culture, and lifestyle,” Mayor Alfredo Marañon III said on Friday. The City ofSagay has partnered with the Film Development Council of the Philippines underthe Office of the President to organize the event. The filmsinclude “Ang Inangtan” directed by Junmarl Alconga; “Bucket List,” by Syrha P.Soniega; “Damgo Ni Meme,” by Jeyannah Mae Ceferiano; “Gugmang Kinaadman,” byJessa M. Arnado; “Paabot,” by Trini Archie Garcia; “Palapak,” by Marc AllanPaglinawan; “Paon,” by Seb Valdez; “Pinta” by Maureen D. Martin; “Sorhuano,” byDarren Joy Giganan; and “Tukar,” by Rayne Barong. Behind the scenes of the film ‘Bucket List’ directed by Syra Soniega. It is one of the 10 entries in the first-ever Margaha Film Festival in Sagay City, Negros Occidental slated to open on Feb. 17. SAGAY CITY INFORMATION AND TOURISM OFFICE The three-dayfestival will feature 10 films, which were all written and directed bySagaynons. Other partnersinclude artist group Syano Artlink, Office of 2nd District Rep. Leo RafaelCueva, BG Connexxion and Moving Bridges Foundation, Northern Negros StateCollege of Science and Technology, Department of Education Division of Sagay,and Kayab Films.center_img During theclosing ceremony on Feb. 19, a total of 20 special awards will be given.Winners of the first, second, and third best pictures will receive cash prizesworth PHP10,000, PHP8,000, and PHP5,000, respectively, while finalists will getPHP3,000 each.(With a report from PNA/PN) The MargahaFilm Festival or Sine Margaha is the first-of-its-kind in the province is slatedto open on Feb. 17. It is set along the kilometer-long shoreline of Margaha(black sand) beach of Sagay, where the home of the famed visual artistNunelucio Alvarado is also situated. They received smallseed funds from the city government to start their production last month. Theparticipating teams also attended a workshop on cinematography, acting anddirecting last December. Marañon notedthat Margaha Film Festival is an event that inspires collaboration, ingenuity,and artistry of the Negrenses. BACOLOD City –The City of Sagay is poised to become the filmmaking hub of Negros Occidentalas it showcases the North’s picturesque seascape with rich local arts andculture in the first-ever Margaha Film Festival. “After thefestival, the city government will form an organization of filmmakers in Sagayto continually hone their skills,” he added.last_img read more